Great range at great prices
Low weekly prices
Convenient payment methods
Peace of mind
Delivery, installation and service
Name and Contact details
Switch Rentals is the controller for the personal information we process, unless otherwise stated. There are many ways that you can contact us including by phone, email and post. Our postal address is :
Switch Rentals Limited
Moy Road Industrial Estate
Contact Number: 0330 135 5555
Email address : email@example.com
Where do we collect your information from?
We will collect your information from the following sources:
- Directly from you. For example when you apply for our products and services, update your information (such as when you change your address), speak to us on the phone (we may record calls for training and quality purposes) and when you use our website.
- From third parties such as Credit Reference Agencies, the Electoral roll and other sources of publicly available information, service providers or tracing and debt recovery agents.
- From any individuals appointed to act on your behalf
- Via Google Analytics to collect device information
Why do we process this information?
The Information we collect
Why we collect it
|Name, Address and Date of Birth||To administer the account, verify your identity and to establish your eligibility for an agreement.|
|Contact Details (email and phone)||To administer and provide you with information about your account. To contact you with promotional offers if you have consented to receive marketing material from us.|
|Cookies||Cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
Switch Rentals legal basis for processing
Data protection law sets out a number of conditions to lawfully handle personal information. The conditions we rely on are as follows:
- Performance of a contract – if you’ve hired goods from us, we will need to process your personal information so that we can meet our contractual obligation to you
- Legal basis – we need to process your personal information to meet various legal and regulatory obligations. This includes fraud prevention obligations and rules set buy the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Consent – we will sometimes process your personal information based upon your permission. We will always tell you when this is the case and will ask you to agree before we process your information under this condition
- Legitimate interests – the law permits us to handle your personal information where necessary in our legitimate interests provided this is not outweighed by your interests. An example of this is where we share information with Credit Reference Agencies to keep our business safe
Who Switch Rentals shares your information with
We may share your information with:
- An approved service provider if the goods need to be repaired
- Specific third parties that you authorise us to deal with, for example professional advisors, family members or representatives for you
- Partners and suppliers who support the operation of our business
- A third part if we transfer charge or assign your agreement or if we employ a third party to manage any aspect of your account
- Other organisations that are entitled to receive your information for the purposes of preventing crime and meeting legal and regulatory requirements. This may include Fraud prevention agencies, intelligence sharing forums, the police, the Financial Conduct Authority, HM revenues and Customs, the Information Commissioners Office and other regulatory bodies.
Credit Reference Agencies
In considering your application we will submit information provided by you to a Credit Reference Agency (CRA).
We and other organisations may use and search theses records to:
- Verify your identity;
- Help make decisions about credit and credit related services;
- Check your credit history;
- Trace borrowers and recover debt.
Once information is passed to the CRA, they will match it against the other information that they hold in order to find and return additional information about you. This can include information such as your credit history, credit score, any court judgments or insolvency-related events, fraud prevention indicators, and additional contact details or address history. It can also include similar kinds of information about people who are financially associated with you.
If you enter into an agreement with us, we will also pass details of this agreement and the payments you make under it to the CRA. If you fail to make payments in full and on time, this information will be passed to the CRA. If we issue a default notice to you, this information will be passed to the CRA.
The CRA for whom we obtain, and with whom we record information about you is TransUnion LLC.
They supply us with both public and shared credit and fraud prevention information. You have a right to apply to the CRA for a copy of your file. Their address is One Park Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS3 1EP. You can also access your information at https://www.callcredit.co.uk/
Any information shared with the CRA will remain on your file for 6 years after it is closed, whether it has been settled by you or as a result of default. Other organisations may see these searches if you apply for credit in the future, and this may affect your ability to borrow from other lenders.
Other Data Controller’s and Processors
In order to complete the services we deliver to you, we may need to share your personal data with the following companies who will act as Data Controller’s or Processors for the data you provide:
ICO Registration number
|Bottomline Technologies Limited||Z3322747||Processing Direct Debit|
|CardStream Limited||ZA196969||Processing Card Payments|
Please note, Switch Rentals Limited do not hold your Debit/Credit Card or Bank Account Details on our systems or servers. These are processed by Bottomline Technologies and their partners, Including:
- First Capital Cashflow Ltd
- CardStream Ltd
Retention periods for your personal data
Our aim is to keep your information for as long as we need to, in order to manage your relationship with us and comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We will generally hold your information for the whole time you have an agreement with us, and then up to six years after your account is closed.
If you submit an application that is declined, we may keep this information for 12 months.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have a number of legal rights when it comes to your personal information. These are:
- Right to be informed – you have the right to be informed about how we collect and use your personal data.
- Right to access – you have the right to access the personal data we hold on you. This is commonly referred to as subject access. You can make a subject access request verbally or in writing by contacting us on the above details.
- Right to rectify – in certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to correct information about you. For example, if you feel it’s inaccurate or incomplete (or both).
- Right to erasure – this is also known as the right to be forgotten. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete information that we hold about you. However please note there are some occasions when we may not be able to delete your personal information for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
- Right to restrict processing – in certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict us from processing your information any further or deleting it.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to have your personal information transferred to you or another organisation in a commonly structured format.
- Right to object – in certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information. For example, when we’re using it for direct marketing.
- Right to human intervention – in certain circumstances, you have the right to request for an automated decision to be reviewed. This right only applies to fully automated decisions, and won’t be applicable if there has been input from someone in the Switch Rentals team. For further information, see the below section on ‘automated decision making’.
Where we are relying on your consent to process any of your information, you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect any use we have made of the information before you withdrew your consent.
If you’ve consented to marketing, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us at the above details.
The supervisory authority and your right to complain
If you are not happy with how we have processed your data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which is the regulator for data-protection law in the UK. Details on how to submit a complaint to the ICO can be found on their website: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint.
Automated decision making
We will use technology to make automated decisions as part of our application process. We use automated decision making to check that we can enter into an agreement with you, and also carry out our legal and regulatory obligations. Sometimes its required by law.
For automated decision making, we use information that we’ve collected or hold about you from your applications. We will also use information from other sources such as CRAs or fraud prevention agencies.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask for an automated decision to be reviewed by a person. For more information on this, please contact us on the above details.
Sensitive personal data
From time to time, we may need to ask for personal details that might seem sensitive, for example a question about your health. This is known as ‘special category data’ and covers information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation or biometric or genetic data.
We’ll only ask for this information when we absolutely need to, and we use it to:
- Understand and accommodate any additional needs you might have. For example if we need to provide information to you in an alternative format.
- Understand any details about your health that may help us to manage your account.
In all cases, we’ll ask for your consent when collecting special category data. If someone acting on your behalf provides this information, we’ll record what’s been provided and who gave it to us.